By managing a certification system for responsibly sourced concrete, the CSC promotes and demonstrates concrete as a sustainable building material to enable informed material decisions in construction. Details on the Council can be found on the CSC website: www.concretesustainabilitycouncil.com
The CSC is looking for a Coordinator (f/m/d). The location is flexible within Europe.
In this position you will report to the CSC Chair and the CSC Vice-Chairs.
Your main tasks will include:
- managing updates and the future evolution of the CSC certification system;
- managing all application processes for achieving CSC recognition in Green Building Labels;
- managing third-party funded projects with CSC involvement;
- ensuring the CSC’s annual reporting;
- supporting developments of the CSC toolbox;
- identifying and leveraging funding opportunities for the CSC;
- maintaining communication channels with relevant stakeholders, e.g. members, external associations, Green Building Councils, and Certification Bodies;
- preparing promotion material;
- implementing the CSC’s promotion and marketing initiatives;
- representing the CSC in external events;
- keeping contact to the CSC Regional System Operators to monitor and coordinate the further development of the CSC System globally.
Successful candidates will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Master degree in a relevant domain, e.g. science, engineering, business administration, or sales & marketing;
- Good understanding of the construction and construction materials sector;
- Good knowledge of Green Building Councils and NGOs relevant for the concrete sector and its supply chain;
- Good understanding of the importance of Environmental / Social / Governance (ESG) issues for the concrete industry and its supply chain;
- Excellent organization skills;
- Convincing personality with strong narrative abilities;
- Good negotiator and facilitator for discussions with internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to represent the CSC externally;
- Fluent in English (further language proficiency is an advantage);
- Willingness to work in an international environment;
- Excellent computer skills;
- Basic understanding of finance and accounting;
- At least 5 years working experience in the construction or a related sector.
We offer an exciting and very flexible opportunity for a highly engaged freelancer who is willing to take a leading role in the sustainability journey of the concrete sector. Your role as the CSC coordinator will initially require an engagement of around 20 hours / week with the potential to further increase as the CSC continues its successful growth.
For the job description in pdf format, please click here.